Monday, January 18, 2010

Syringe Packaging Drawing Blood At HIV/STD Clinic Question

Drawing Blood At HIV/STD Clinic Question - syringe packaging

I tested for HIV testing at 3 months is too negative. But I wondered what in the clinic (in Philadelphia), I saw the nurse on the packaging of the syringe, open the first time, trying to interact with their blood and could not draw a little away from the fact that they have small veins . Then he said, we use a vacuum device, I came for a short time, but very quickly, took a butterfly needle .. He had a / Beigh tube yellow butterfly needle. Maybe I missed it. I asked if it was clean, I have informed me, and was only recently opened a new package. (We had a language barrier though) I have no blood on the needle itself, I do not remember the tube. Tube is usually not clear? And the butterfly needle and come packed explained (the speed was ready) and when it will be reused, it is still stained with blood, I realized? It was reported that all materials discarded after each test and live to do the same, I'm just curious here, to provide all necessary support. Ibeen occupied by 3 months and do not want that to stay later in my head. Therefore, all professional laboratory technicians can, nurses, doctors, experts estimate to help.

1 comment:

Jay M said...

As a former Med Tech, the butterfly is not necessarily come packaged in plastic. The parts of the work are covered by plastic bags and are very easy and fast to use. Yes, yes, the team used bleeding is unique, and it would be obvious if it was previously used. Do not worry.

Post a Comment